I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kevin and Janelle: Just Because

Like many couples who are no longer "newlyweds" but have only been married a couple of years, Kevin and Janelle decided it was time to update some of their pictures together. Since they are pretty much the epitome of "beachy-cool" (I think I made that up, but you all should know what it means) we had some fun hanging out at the beach and the pier near their house. Between takes, we enjoyed a rare moment of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy weekend and Kevin checked out the surf.

These two were incredibly game, from squinting in the bright light to risking standing near the water underneath the pier when the tide was coming in... I think the pictures reflect their laid-back vibe and how much they care about each other.

Kevin and Janelle, Scott and I had a great time hanging out with you - thank you both for the fantastic dinner and good company!





I hope they don't kill me for posting this! They were so great at just naturally falling into poses, we started joking about their future modeling careers and then they struck this one.


































0 comments:

Post a Comment