I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Living in the Past

Some might say I'm living in the past. I prefer to call it nostalgia. But I love vintage posters, cars, clothes, and more. I don't exactly drive around in a Ford Falcon, but I admire things all the same.

So you can imagine my sadness when Polaroid announced it was discontinuing making its instant film. How could they get rid of the original "instant gratification" photography? In the pre-digital world, Polaroids helped you pick outfits, record funny memories, and decorated dorm room walls. What could be more classic and fun than taking Polaroids? We even had a Polaroid guestbook at our wedding!

However, with time comes change and it is not always for the worse. Polaroid has launched the PoGo, a new digital device that takes and prints pictures without even using ink! That is pretty neat. I haven't actually seen one of these babies in action, but I would be interested to know if anyone else has. I'm immediately adding this plus the Canon G10 to my "wish list."

Until then, I have two sad packs of Polaroid film left. I have to decide what is worthy enough to use my last 40 Polaroids on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment