I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Friday, August 14, 2009

Ken and Lauren: Just Because

Ken and Lauren met because Lauren was best friends with Ken's stepsister. How cute is that? I remember growing up thinking how perfect it would be if my best friend somehow became part of my family. If you think that's sweet, about halfway through the session with this fun couple I realized in almost all the frames Ken wasn't looking at the camera... he was gazing adoringly at his beautiful wife!

Okay, maybe that's a little too cute... Ken is probably going to get made fun of for that! But that's pretty much how these two operate - they both have a great sense of humor and enjoy ribbing each other in good fun. But they are very much in love, and you see that too.

We shot this session at a neat old restored train station and then in a park near their home. I love how even in the city it felt like we were out in the country. These pictures and their relaxed atmosphere led to a more antique, vintage feel when I edited the images.

Although they've been married for three years, they decided to do a photo session to put up some updated pictures in their newly purchased home. They also wanted to take some last shots together as a twosome - they will be adding to their family soon as they are expecting their first child early next year. (We were able to hide it most of the shoot, but the last photo is a mini baby bump picture)!

Ken and Lauren, thank you so much for your hospitality and the delicious dinner! I'm so excited for all the big changes going on in your lives and feel privileged to be able to document a little piece of it. I can't wait to take baby pictures!






























A preview of the growing bump... not sure what Ken was trying to do though?!









0 comments:

Post a Comment