I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays!


I love the holiday season and especially enjoy receiving holiday cards with updates and photos from many friends and family.  As we prepared for this year's card, I had trouble deciding what photo to put on it.  Friday didn't enjoy last year's photo session too much so I thought I would make it easier this year and basically capture her doing what she does best: taking an afternoon snooze. 

In my mind, I thought it would be simple: I'd just wait for her to get tired and then slip the small Santa hat we bought on her (which was an adventure to acquire just on its own - Scott nearly killed me as I dragged him from pet store to craft store searching for a miniture Santa hat).  Yet despite running her around in the park before we took this picture, we get everything set up and of course she was wide awake and alert.  Only after putting on her hat and trying to get her to pose for a few minutes did she finally give up and curl up to sleep for the perfect Christmas photo.  I hope you enjoy the results as much as we do!

We wish you a very joyous holiday and a happy New Year! 


Merry Everything,

Photobucket


Friday holiday 1


friday holiday 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment