I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Friday, December 18, 2009

Ken and Lauren: Maternity Portraits

Lauren and Ken are at a pretty exciting part of their lives; they are expecting their first baby together in January. You may remember them from this post, where she was just beginning to show. Back at that shoot when I was posing them, Ken leaned in and kissed her growing belly and took my breath away as I saw through my lens the beginning of a family.

Getting ready for this new little person is no small task, so I was thrilled when they told me they wanted to make time for a maternity session in the last months of her pregnancy. It is an incredible honor to be invited to help document their journey, to share in these moments of dreaming about who she will look like and marvel at how tiny the clothes are that already hang in her closet.

If that weren't enough, Ken and Lauren are also dear friends and incredibly supportive of my growth as a photographer. They presented me with this gift after our shoot: a fashion photography book! I am constantly looking at other photographers' work, especially fashion photography, as inspiration, so this is a gift I will spend lots of time poring over.

Ken and Lauren, thank you both and I can't wait to meet your baby girl and take baby pictures!



We couldn't resist getting a pictures of the whole family - including their adorable dog and cat (yes, they actually kind of like each other) and of course, the baby belly.



We also did some shots to show off their lovely new home with all the holiday decorations up.



0 comments:

Post a Comment