I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jasmine Star Workshop (Part Deux)

As promised, I'm including some of my favorites from the photo session at the Jasmine Star Workshop.  This was a fun chance for me to see how Jasmine approaches shooting and interacts with her clients.  Of course, with twenty photographers crowding around, many of my photos have elbows and tops of heads in them, but the experience was far greater than the photos it yielded.

It was really special to me that the models were Gabriel and Carlie of Gabriel Ryan Photographers.  Not only are they amazing wedding photographers (and good lookin' models!), but Gabriel and I went to middle school and high school together, so it was a great opportunity to catch up and meet his wife.  They joined us afterward for dinner and shared some of the wisdom they'd gained in the business as well as encouraged me to boldly pursue my dream. 

Speaking of dinner, the entire workshop offered an opportunity to network and learn from the other photographers, but most especially at the dinner I enjoyed chatting with several of the attendees and J.D., Jasmine's wonderful husband and second shooter.  I was thrilled that I was surrounded by such a diverse, friendly group of people and although I am much newer to the business than many of them, they were very kind and encouraging. 

For Jasmine's far lovelier take on our day, please view her post on her blog.  The beautiful flowers were by Jaclyne at Heavenly Blooms.  Carlie's gorgeous dress was her own - she told me afterward that she had added the lace (an amazing idea to add a second life to your dress)!

Enjoy!


Photobucket

CarlieGabe01



CarlieGabe02



CarlieGabe03



CarlieGabe04



CarlieGabe05



CarlieGabe07



CarlieGabe08



CarlieGabe09



CarlieGabe11



CarlieGabe10

3 comments:

  1. Jamie, these are so great! Sounds like this was an awesome opportunity for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, what an amazing day! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete