I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Scott and Sarah: Wedding

One of my favorite photos ever is from the night I arrived: I'm in my mom's arms and I'm staring at my brother and reaching out for him, the joy on my face apparent as I grasp to be held by him.  We don't get to choose our family, but in my case my family chose me.  And since then I've been struck by how choice reflects a deeper and greater love than I could have imagined, for it belies a purpose and clarity of mind.  From the moment that picture was taken, my brother chose to take care of his baby sister and set about being the best big brother a four-year-old could be.

Throughout our lives, we've fought and cried and laughed with each other, but more importantly we chose to pray and hope for each other.  I've spent years praying for my brother's future wife; that she be a Godly woman and as giving of her time as he is since he has such a gift for mentoring young people; that he would recognize that she was chosen for him and it would be clear who she was... and that she can handle his long showers and stubborn will!  I'm very happy that he found such a woman and more in Sarah.

On Saturday, June 26th, they chose each other for life and began the new adventure of being married.


Enjoy!

Photobucket


P.S. Sarah and Scott's very talented photographer, Marissa of Maharaj Photography posted some incredible images from their day on her blog here.




SSwedding01


SSwedding02


SSwedding03


SSwedding04


SSwedding05


SSwedding06


SSwedding09


SSwedding10

0 comments:

Post a Comment