I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Up in the Air

It seems I've been spending a lot of time in airports and on planes lately.  When I was home a couple weeks ago, however, I went on a very different plane ride.  My dad has been working on his pilot's license and took me over the the Oxnard Airport to show me around.  While we were there, his good friend Ron was kind enough to take us up for a short flight.  I didn't have my camera with me, so I captured a few shots of our adventure on my dad's camera.  This is not some flimsy point-and-shoot - my dad has many hobbies, and photography is a big one.  He is the one who got me into photography in the first place and bought me my first "nice" film camera. 

Soaring above the Ventura foothills, Oxnard, and even glimpsing Santa Paula I was amazed at how the places I had walked and driven thousands of times looked so much more amazing from the air.  I was reminded again of one of my favorite Bible verses - Psalm 121.  I lift my eyes up to the mountains - where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  Being so high up sure puts everything in perspective.


Enjoy!


Photobucket





Flying01


Flying02


Flying03


Flying04


Flying05


Flying06


Flying07


Flying08

0 comments:

Post a Comment