I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Graham and Emily: Just Because


Colorado19


Graham and Emily are two of the most fun people I've ever met.  I've known Graham since middle school and I'd never met anyone who lived with his exuberance and love of life (or who could tear it up on a dance floor quite like him)... until I met Emily.  Together, these two are quite a pair.

On our recent camping trip, we went out for a walk (I would say "hike" but Scott informed me if I'm doing it in flip flops or Uggs it doesn't count as a hike) and I saw this rock formation with a tree.  I was like, I have to climb this thing and take goofy pictures.  When Graham and Emily happened to come along, they were like, "We wanna take goofy pictures too!"  I'm always looking for willing subjects to pose!

You can read Emily's more complete post on our whole camping trip here.

The result, I hope, captures just a small piece of what fun and fantastic people they truly are.


Photobucket



Colorado 20


Couldn't have asked for better subjects.  Statues?  No problem!

Colorado17


Look at that air!

Colorado12

0 comments:

Post a Comment