I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Cone of Shame

First off, if you don't get the reference to the "cone of shame" you should immediately go out and rent "Up" - although a Disney cartoon, it is good for adults and one of the sweetest movies you'll ever see.  You will especially enjoy it if you like dogs! 

I haven't posted about Friday lately and several people were asking how she is doing.  In general, the answer is she is doing great.  However, we took Friday to get fixed yesterday.  I hated to do it, but that is part of being a responsible dog owner.  When I went in to pick her up, they told me she can't run, jump, or play and absolutely under no circumstance should she lick the incision.  The kind vet assistant told me, "It shouldn't be a problem today because they're so out of it she'll probably just sleep."  Of course, then when she brought Friday out two seconds later she was wriggling, jumping up my leg, and promptly started licking her wound. 

I brought her home and she was so tired and sore she could only lay around and whimper... and lick her incision!  So to top it all off, I am hanging out all day with a dog in a cone.  I can't help but laugh because it is comical watching her trying to get around.  Still, she is having a regular puppy pity party for herself and doing her best to try to make me feel guilty enough to remove the cone.


Trying to stay strong,


Photobucket




Fridaycone01


Fridaycone02


Here she is trying not to fall asleep. Actually, she's probably glaring at me.

Fridaycone03


Fridaycone04


Fridaycone05

2 comments:

  1. Photo #3: She certainly gets that look from her mother. I've seen it before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh.... so sad. :o(

    ReplyDelete