I am a California girl at heart who is lucky enough to live in one of the most wonderful, un-California cities in the world, New York. Most days, you'll find me exploring my new home with my amazing husband and our dog, Friday. I love to travel, eat just about anything with peanut butter, meet new friends, shop, read, take pictures, and spoil other peoples' kids and pets rotten. This blog includes my rants and raves about my personal life as well as my adventures in the photography business.

Inspired by fashion, art, and pop culture, I love to capture images using natural light. Although I enjoy taking all kinds of pictures, my style veers towards lifestyle and editorial photography and my favorite subjects are people. I am a photographer purely for the love of it, and I think you'll see that reflected in my work.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment!

Photobucket

Friday, December 3, 2010

Chicago Children's Photographer: Birthday Party


When Caitlin asked me to come take photos at her daughter's fourth birthday party, I wasn't sure what to expect.  I haven't been to a kids' birthday party since, well, I was a kid!  The party was held at The Little Gym, which is kind of like a kids' paradise of things to climb on and jump on. 

Trying to keep up with twenty four-year-olds highlighted how much I've been skipping the gym lately, but I couldn't help but smile when looking at these images at the sheer delight and energy all the kids had.  After playtime, we headed into a party room to eat burritos and cupcakes.  One little girl ate all the frosting off her cupcake and handed it back.  Love that!  Isn't that how we should live life, just taking the best part and enjoying it fully?  Kind of makes me want to be four again.



Dreaming of just the frosting,


Photobucket


Elsa04


Elsa03


Elsa01


Elsa07


Elsa09


Elsa05


Elsa10


Elsa02


Elsa06

0 comments:

Post a Comment